Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 10 hours
Understand whether power and leadership are co-dependent or independent
This course will introduce you to the key differences and similarities between power and influence and its effect upon leadership, employee and organisational performance.
You will be introduced to key theories that explain the concept of power, whether designated or socially constructed, and assess its effect on leadership behaviours.
The course will guide you towards evaluating the cost on performance of the misuse of power and influence at an individual and organisational level.
What topics will you cover?
- Understand key theories of power and influence
- Recognise that power is dynamic; designated, acquired or socially constructed and easily lost
- Summarise the effect of influence and resistance within organisational settings
- Understand the effects of power and influence on individual, team and organisational performance
- Evaluate the effect of perceptions of power on behaviour
- Analyse the effect of the misuse of power on performance
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of leadership, power and influence in an organisational context who want to understand how it effects ourselves, others and organisational performance.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.