Learn how to present your work for the best results
This online English course takes you through the features of various methods of presenting your work in order to enable you to shine.
You will then focus on report writing, analysing the structure of a report in detail and identifying the features of each section. You will explore the language used to communicate results, present data and discuss findings.
- Examination of genres of academic writing
- In-depth review of reports and report structure
- Features of a successful report
- Language for presenting results, data and conclusions
- Disciplinary differences (success in your subject)
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify common report structures
- Identify strategies and tools for presenting data in a report
- Apply appropriate language to effectively make recommendations in a report
- Employ language to effectively describe and interpret results in a report
- Produce a report abstract which effectively summarises the content and structure of that report
Who is the course for?
This course is for students on the Coventry University pre-sessional English award. It is relevant for students who will be continuing their studies online and on-campus.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.