Weekly study10 hours
Musculoskeletal and Neurological Assessment
The course describes the most common musculoskeletal (MSK) and neurological conditions.
It explores assessment techniques, the red flag symptoms, as well as implications for both MSK and neurological conditions.
It also uses a case study to demonstrate how some neurological conditions manifest.
- Assessment of the musculoskeletal (MSK) system
- What are the most likely abnormal MSK presentations?
- Assessment of the neurological system
- How some common neurological conditions manifest
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the assessment techniques for musculoskeletal and neurological systems
- Classify common MSK and neurological presentations
- Explore the red flag findings and their implications
Who is the course for?
The target audience for this course is any experienced nurse who wishes to, or finds themselves in a position to need to, extend their knowledge and skills to assess the health of their patients to diagnosis.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.