- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study1 hour
- Extra BenefitsFrom $59
Procalcitonin: PCT as a Biomarker for Antimicrobial Stewardship
Explore the various uses and benefits of PCT within the medical field
Procalcitonin (PCT) is a crucial biomarker in clinical diagnostics. Its wide usage in diagnosing infections and sepsis saves lives every day. Discover its various usage, benefits, and even its limitations on this course, that connects procalcitonin to antimicrobial stewardship.
Discover the benefits of procalcitonin in the ICU
Even in some of the most challenging areas of the medical field, PCT is used every day. Discover the benefits of procalcitonin in and out of ICU.
Learn about the connection between procalcitonin and COVID-19
COVID-19 has changed the world. This course will explore the benefits of using procalcitonin with COVID patients, to bring you a modern and up-to-date education.
What are the limitations and controversies of procalcitonin?
This course also addresses the controversies and limitations associated with procalcitonin. Discover the other side of this biomarker, not just its benefits. After this course, you’ll be familiar with how it should be used in your practice.
Learn why procalcitonin is crucial in antimicrobial stewardship
This course will let you learn about the connection between procalcitonin and antimicrobial stewardship. Find out how PCT can benefit AMS practices and ensure antimicrobials are used appropriately to avoid antimicrobial resistance.
- Introducing diagnostics, specifically procalcitonin (PCT)
- How PCT can be used both in the ICU and outside of the ICU
- The use of PCT in relation to COVID-19
- Addressing the controversies/limitations associated with PCT
- The role of PCT use in antimicrobial stewardship
Who is this accredited by?
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what biomarkers and procalcitonin are
- Summarise the use of procalcitonin in sepsis, the ICU, and outside the ICU
- Describe the benefits of using procalcitonin in COVID-19 cases
- Demonstrate an understanding of how procalcitonin use can benefit antimicrobial stewardship
- Discuss the benefits and limitations of procalcitonin and assess how it should be used in your practice
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at clinicians who want to know more about diagnostics and the uses of procalcitonin within the medical field.
Health care professionals, laboratory workers, and researchers will also find useful information here about PCT as a biomarker.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #ProcalcitoninAMS to talk about this course on social media.