Weekly study3 hours
Procurement Strategies and Tendering
Understanding the procurement process in construction
What is procurement? How does the procurement process work? What procurement strategies are available? Find answers with this course that aims to develop your understanding procurement in the context of the construction industry.
You’ll have the chance to examine the factors that affect the choice of procurement strategy and work to develop an understanding of tendering and its application in the construction industry.
You will also have the opportunity to evaluate the principles of depreciation and the methods for calculating depreciation in a construction context.
- What is procurement?
- The need for different procurement routes and the variables between them
- Procurement strategies
- Examples of procurement strategies within projects
- Recent UK procurement strategy
- Principal phases in tendering
- Bidding strategies
- Bidding models
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of what procurement is in the context of the construction industry
- Explore the purpose and requirement for procurement in the construction industry
- Explore the factors that affect the choice of procurement strategy
- Develop an understanding of the tendering and its application in the construction industry
- Develop an understanding of the principles of depreciation and the methods for calculating depreciation in a construction context
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of procurement strategies and the procurement process in construction management.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.