- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Procurement Strategies and Tendering
Understanding the procurement process in construction
What is procurement? How does the procurement process work? What procurement strategies are available? Find answers with this course that aims to develop your understanding procurement in the context of the construction industry.
You’ll have the chance to examine the factors that affect the choice of procurement strategy and work to develop an understanding of tendering and its application in the construction industry.
You will also have the opportunity to evaluate the principles of depreciation and the methods for calculating depreciation in a construction context.
- What is procurement?
- The need for different procurement routes and the variables between them
- Procurement strategies
- Examples of procurement strategies within projects
- Recent UK procurement strategy
- Principal phases in tendering
- Bidding strategies
- Bidding models
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of what procurement is in the context of the construction industry
- Explore the purpose and requirement for procurement in the construction industry
- Explore the factors that affect the choice of procurement strategy
- Develop an understanding of the tendering and its application in the construction industry
- Develop an understanding of the principles of depreciation and the methods for calculating depreciation in a construction context
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of procurement strategies and the procurement process in construction management.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!