Take your next step in learning Python from scratch
On this course, you’ll be introduced to the core data structures of the Python programming language and learn how they are used.
Designed as the next step up from the Programming for Everybody: Getting Started with Python course, this course moves past the basics of procedural programming.
You’ll learn how to use the built-in data structures in Python, such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples, to perform more complex data analysis.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the principles of data structures & how they are used
- Develop programs that are able to read and write data from files
- Demonstrate understanding of data storage using key/value pairs with Python dictionaries
- Perform multi-step tasks like sorting or looping using tuples
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who have completed the Programming for Everybody course who want to move to the next stage in their Python learning.
The Programming for Everybody courses are designed for anyone who wants to learn computer programming. No prior programming experience is required.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #Python to talk about this course on social media.