Weekly study3 hours
What Influences Property Values?
Gain new insights into the property market
Our homes provide shelter, sanctuary and comfort, but they’re also a source of wealth. This online course asks: what makes some properties more valuable than others?
The course unlocks the mystery of property values; looks at the influences that inflation and interest rates can have on house prices; and explores the differences between price, market and investment values.
Our homes provide shelter, sanctuary and comfort, but they’re also a source of wealth. In this course we:
- explore some of the mysteries of property values
- reflect on whether house prices always rise
- explore property related career options
- consider the influence of interest rates and inflation on house prices
- explore the influence of proximity to various amenities and demographics on property demand
- access and interpret property price data
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Become familiar with the language of property
- Explore a variety of career and investment opportunities in property
- Explore diverse characteristics of land that influence its value
- Access and interpret some data on property prices
Who is the course for?
This course will benefit anyone who wants to know more about property, wants to be an investor in real estate, or would like to work in the real estate industry. Together we will discover and develop your knowledge of property and move closer to understanding the mystery behind property value.
Take your learning to the next stage
The course provides a free introduction to Deakin University’s postgraduate degree in Property and Real Estate which can be done entirely on FutureLearn.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: