- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Master Financial Statements: Financial Ratio Analysis and Interpretation
Get an insight into the true value of a business with ratio analysis
Financial statements contain important information, but what can this data show us about the health of a company? Welcome to ratio analysis.
Ratios help stakeholders to identify trends, compare results with other companies and assess performance. This course will show you how to use ratios to evaluate various aspects of a business, such as profitability, liquidity, efficiency, gearing and investment.
What are ratios? How do we calculate them? What do they mean and what are the implications for the business? You’ll have the chance to address these questions and more on this course.
Learn to assess profitability using the return on capital employed (ROCE) ratio
On this course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn to measure how efficiently a company is using its capital to generate profits using the ROCE ratio, or return on capital employed ratio.
You’ll identify the terms used for these ratios (such as earning before interest and tax, or EBIT), explore profitability ratios, and learn how to calculate the gross and net profit margin ratio.
Use efficiency ratios to better manage your assets and liabilities
What are efficiency ratios, and how can they help a company to better use its assets and manage liabilities? This course will also show you how to use efficiency ratios in tandem with other key factors – including inventory and fixed asset turnover, trade receivables and payables, overtrading, and sales per employee.
- Introduction to trend, common size, ratio and industry analysis
- Use of analyses to evaluate company performance
- Explanation of the main liquidity and efficiency ratios
- Introduction to and calculation of the main investor ratios
- Learn how to interpret outcomes and identify causes of changes
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the main user groups of financial information and their requirements
- Explore the limitations of ratio analysis
- Explain and calculate the main investor ratios
- Apply ratios to analyse key areas of interest
- Calculate the main liquidity and efficiency ratios
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone looking to build their financial data analysis and interested in using data for business decision making.
It will be of particular interest to people in senior management and leadership roles who lack an accounting background, especially if you wish to learn the skills to help you make better decisions and advance your career.
Unlock the financial and organisational potential of a business with balanced scorecards and other strategic analysis tools.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends