Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 10 hours
Understand the impact of unethical research
This course will enable you to better understand the approaches and methods to various research disciplines. You will learn to recognise the role of philosophical assumptions in a research project. There will be scenarios for you to suggest the appropriate paradigm and methodology.
You will recognise the role of philosophical assumptions in a research project while instigating an argument for which research practise is the most appropriate, depending on a subject area.
What topics will you cover?
- Definition of a paradigm
- Discussion of positivism, interpretivism, critical realism, post-modernism and pragmatism
- Deduction, abduction and induction
- Sources of ethical issues
- Basic rules of research ethics
- Developing a research question
- Managing time effectively
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who wish to discover different research philosophies while identifying their overall impact.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.