Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Researching Risk, Disasters and Emergencies
Understand how to research risk, disasters and emergencies
How can we help other people before and or during disasters? How we can improve water and sanitary facilities in refugee camps? How can drones and virtual reality technologies help with emergency response exercises? Get answers to these questions and more with this course that explains the vital research processes necessary for responses to emergencies and disasters.
You will have the opportunity to learn how to design, prepare and carry out research into these and other areas. You will examine the approaches to summarising and writing up your research.
- The wider research process
- How to identify a meaningful title
- Writing an effective literature review
- Choosing the best data collection methods
- Research ethics issues
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore what research is and why it is important
- Explore the research process
- Develop and derive a suitable research question
- Explore how to utilise library resources for research
- Compare effective research strategies
- Summarise and effectively review literature
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in carrying out research into risk, emergency, crisis, disaster and resilience disciplines.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: