Weekly study10 hours
Simulating Distribution Networks Prior to Implementation
Build and test a global distribution network while meeting client expectations
During this course, we’ll be learning to create and test a working distribution network, using a scenario planning tool to bring together warehouse, transport and terminal assets to manage and position inventory.
We’ll be studying the links between physical characteristics of goods and customer demand and will learn how to undertake an audit of an existing distribution network, examining its validity and identifying issues and critical uncertainties.
- Outlining a future distribution network
- How scenario planning can be used to model a future distribution network
- Auditing existing networks
- Bringing together warehouse, transport and terminal assets to manage inventory
- Linking physical characteristics of goods to customer demand
- Links between information systems and technology
- Using scenario planning to test a future distribution network
- The driving forces and focal issue of the scenario
- Testing the validity of a future distribution network using scenario matrix of uncertainty
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Investigate a future distribution network by assessing customer/supplier location, level of quality to be maintained, mode of operation and level of information system integration
- Justify how scenario planning can be used to model a future distribution network
- Apply scenario planning to test a future distribution network
- Explore the validity of a future distribution network, developed using scenario planning
- Assess other simulation or scenario tools that can be used to model a future distribution network
Who is the course for?
This course is for business professionals aiming to improve their logistics, supply chain or distribution skills. It is aimed at anyone looking to distinguish between the different operators within a global distribution network.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.