Sisterhood Works: How to Build a More Meaningful Network
Discover the fundamentals of successful networking and communication
On this three-week course from AllBright, you’ll gain the skills to grow into your own potential, learning to create a network that truly works for you.
You’ll take a deep-dive into the advantages of networking, discovering how to develop your own community and support system of inspirational, empowering women.
Explore the neuroscience of networking
Networking is integral to building a strong community of women, a sisterhood to support and encourage you to achieve your goals.
Using case studies and accounts from successful women in business, you’ll delve into the science of social chemistry and learn the importance of networking.
You’ll identify any personal fears around building new relationships and, using practical techniques, you’ll learn how to overcome these issues and build your confidence interacting with new people.
Learn to make meaningful connections
Meaningful connections are about learning to listen, ask questions, and understand different perspectives.
On this course, you’ll enhance your communication skills to further the connections you already have and develop opportunities to widen your networks.
With this knowledge, you’ll gain the techniques to surround yourself with positive influences, including mentors, sponsors, colleagues, and friends.
Develop a diverse female network
Networks and communities are stronger when they contain diverse representation, perspectives, and ideas.
You’ll explore the tools and techniques to make purposeful connections that lead to resource rich, diverse networks.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand the importance of networking, particularly with a focus on developing a strong, empowering sisterhood.
- Networking 101; demystifying networking and learning the basics.
- Social chemistry; why networking is so important and the neuroscience behind it.
- The art of making meaningful connections; how to listen, ask and gather your community.
- Resource rich networks; purposeful connections, finding a mentor and diversifying your tribe.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Uncover the myths about networking
- Develop an understanding of the neuroscience of networking. Identify your fears around building new relationships
- Create your own elevator pitch to serve as your introduction at online and in person networking events
- Evaluate your own power to introduce other women to each other
- Explore your own network resources. Identify potential mentors and sponsors within it
- Assess the diversity of your network and learn to create more diverse connections
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for businesswomen at all stages of their career who are at a juncture in their lives and would like to take the time to reflect.
Whether you’re looking to pivot in a new direction or push forward to achieve your goals, this course is designed to help you build and grow meaningful connections within your network.
If you’d like to develop your understanding of the subjects featured in this course further, you may be interested in these courses, also by AllBright, sharing the same overall learning outcomes:
Who developed the course?
AllBright is all about inspiring change. Founded in 2018 by Debbie Wosskow OBE and Anna Jones, we’re a global women’s network acting as a springboard for smart-minded women of all ages and stages. Through our beautiful clubs and AllBright Digital, our sisterhood is helping shape a new narrative for those who want to supercharge their careers.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.