See how smart grids can help citizens, companies and cities cut emissions
This online course provides a technological and behavioural framework to help citizens, companies and cities to reduce their carbon footprint.
You’ll look at energy production models and use basic tools to integrate yourself into the energy production cycle. You’ll find out how smart grids work, at both a small and large scale. And you’ll collect big data from smart grids and analyse it to understand energy consumption.
Finally, you’ll look at how you can lobby public institutions, to boost energy innovation and sustainability, in both urban and rural environments.
What topics will you cover?
- The power and energy transition impact in the world economy
- How smart grids will enhance the era of information
- What is a smart city and how can we make cities smarter
- Smarts citizens: new forms of mobility and energy consumption and production
- New business models for smart cities
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Interpret the new energy paradigm and reach a common knowledge to develop specific skills and strategies related to smart cities
- Describe and understand a holistic perspective of energy related topics and other complex issues
- Assess the complexity of energy systems and its transformation to a low carbon economy
Who is the course for?
This course will be of interest if you are:
- a citizen with environmental concerns
- an employee of a large company, who wants to raise the environmental awareness of your organisation
- an employee of a medium or large city council, who wants to understand how data and smart grids can create more efficient and sustainable cities.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLSmartGrids to talk about this course on social media.