- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
SMEs and New Markets: Trade, the Chinese Powerhouse and Online Opportunities
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn about emerging high-growth markets and how to do business with them
Your existing local customers may be reliable, but the opportunity to really turbocharge your business could be found elsewhere - perhaps offshore, in emerging economic powerhouses like China, or out of sight but in easy reach via the internet.
This course will help you to find and tap into these high-growth, high-potential market segments. You’ll examine a range of new market opportunities, and the tools and knowledge needed to access them. You’ll also learn how to build the capacity to properly serve these markets, and where to find the support to help you succeed.
- New offshore and online markets and competition
- Tools and techniques for accessing these markets
- Supports available when seeking to access new market opportunities
- Ways of building the capacity to service these markets and deliver for customers
- Similarities and differences in doing business in China
- Ways of preparing your SME for doing business in China
- Understanding that the key to success is embedded effort rather than simply ‘visiting’.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify new markets that can be developed for the sustainable benefit of the business
- Apply tools and techniques, and engage available support, for accessing these markets
- Identify what is required to sustainably service these markets
- Assess Chinese markets and competition relevant to your business
- Identify the resources and commitment required to engage successfully with the Chinese market
Who is the course for?
This course is for current or aspiring small business owners and managers looking to enter new high-growth markets. It would also be of interest to those looking to explore doing business in China.