- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Sport for Sustainable Development: Designing Effective Policies and Programmes
Learn how to make a positive impact in and through sport
Sport has been recognised as an enabler of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the 2030 Agenda. Organisations worldwide are using sport to contribute to the SDGs and other goals, addressing issues ranging from health and education to employment, and conflict resolution.
On this course, you will look at the benefits and limitations of using sport in development. You will learn to design, implement, and measure the impact of sport-based policies and programmes using best practices.
You will explore key concepts on sport and gender equality, disability, human rights, social inclusion, peacebuilding, good governance and safeguarding.
Setting the scene: Sport, development and change
Creating change: Policy, strategy, and governance
Making it happen, making it work, measuring impact
Mobilising people, partners, and resources
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply best practice methods to align sport and development objectives to national and international development priorities
- Demonstrate and articulate the contribution of sport to sustainable development and use analysis and evidence in developing policy and programmes
- Develop theories of change and programme logic on the contribution of sport to sustainable development in your country or organisation
- Engage with peers to develop autonomy, accountability and respect for working with others within a sport and development context
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in how sport can be used in development and how to effectively use sport to enable change.
This includes government officials, intergovernmental officers, sport bodies, public policy experts, private sector professionals, civil society actors including NGOs, practitioners, academics, students and volunteers.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.