Learn modern methods that will help shaping the future of medical interventions
Statistical shape models are one of the most important technologies in computer vision and medical image analysis. With this technology, the computer learns the characteristic shape variations of an object or organ. The model resulting from this analysis may then be used in implant design, image analysis, surgery planning and many other fields.
In this free online course, you will get insights from mathematics, statistics and machine learning, in order to address practical problems, as well as a theoretical and practical introduction to the open source software Scalismo.
What topics will you cover?
- Modelling families of anatomical shapes
- Basic theory of Gaussian Processes for modelling shape variations
- Usage of the shape modelling software Scalismo
- Building classical statistical shape models from example data
- Reconstruction of partially observed shapes
- Fitting statistical shape models to surfaces
- Establishing point-to-point correspondence between example shapes
- Fitting statistical shape models to images
Upgrade - $64
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLstatisticalshapes to talk about this course on social media.