Learn how to identify your strengths and use them in your career
In the last ten years, more than two million international students have graduated from UK higher education programmes. To help them get the most out of their UK qualification, the British Council have developed this course to provide international graduates with the employability skills and knowledge to navigate the global employment market and successfully apply for new job opportunities.
If you are a UK alumnus, this course will enable you to devise a career plan and prepare for work after graduation. You will also learn how to communicate your skills and strengths to potential employers.
Week 1- Getting ready
- Identifying your skills and setting goals
- Choosing the right job
- Networking and building relationships
Week 2- The job application process
- Writing clear CVs and covering letters which communicate your skills
- Handling job interviews
- Getting ready for day one at work
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify your strengths and use these to reflect on your career path
- Develop an effective strategy to get the right job for you
- Demonstrate a range of professional skills that can help you succeed in any workplace
- Collaborate, network and communicate more proficiently with people from different cultural backgrounds and in different cultural contexts
Who is the course for?
This course is for those who are entering the workplace for the first time, or re-entering the workforce, after having studied for a UK university degree level (or higher) qualification. The course will focus on the skills needed to navigate the transition from studying to working.
British Council are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #UKAlumni to talk about this course on social media.