Weekly study8 hours
Sustainability and Technology
Can technology sustainably deal with waste?
During this short course, you will have the opportunity to learn about the challenges facing humanity, including energy, and discuss ways artificial intelligence (AI) technologies could lead to a more sustainable planet.
- The meaning of sustainability
- Problems caused by current methods in farming and recycling
- What local governments do about recycling waste
- Worldwide initiatives and organisations concerned with sustainability
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify sustainability challenges
- Evaluate a sustainability and technology case study initiative
Who is the course for?
This course is useful to understand what sustainability is, what problems have arisen since the industrial revolution, and by current methods, and what technologies are needed to avoid further damage to the planet.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.