Explore how dentists can tackle the threat of global antibiotic resistance
Antibiotics are lifesaving drugs – when you need them, you need them to work. Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) poses a significant threat to health and wealth globally. Dental teams can do their bit by optimising the use of antibiotics.
On this course, you’ll identify ways in which those involved in dental practice can do their bit to tackle antibiotic resistance (ABR).
You’ll explore the worldwide issue of antibiotic resistance, discovering the impact of resistant infections on dentistry, and how collaboration within a dental team can be key to tackling AMR.
- Awareness about why and how antibiotic-resistant infections are your problem
- Motivating change by sharing examples of antibiotic stewardship, infection prevention and control, and awareness-raising from around the world
- Creating a framework to help you devise ways you and your team can help tackle antibiotic resistance in your own context
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the global problem of antibiotic resistance (ABR)
- Summarise the impact of resistant infections on dentistry and of dentistry on ABR more generally
- Reflect on why ABR is a problem which affects everyone (including you, your friends and family)
- Explore the risks of both infections and antibiotics to patients
- Identify what you will do to help tackle ABR
- Explain the importance of local solutions to the global problem and understand that it is an issue for the whole dental team and beyond
Who is the course for?
This course is for members of the dental team (clinical and non-clinical) and other healthcare professionals who deal with patients presenting with toothache/abscess.
FDI World Dental Federation serves as the principal representative body for more than one million dentists worldwide, developing health policy and continuing education programmes, speaking as a unified voice for dentistry in international advocacy and supporting member associations in global oral health promotion activities.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #DentalAntibiotics to talk about this course on social media.