What topics will you cover?
- Key facts and health messages about cancer prevention, screening and early diagnosis, and how to explain them.
- Confidence for having conversations about cancer that help others take positive action.
- Identification of barriers to making lifestyle changes or seeing a doctor.
- Communication methods that overcome barriers and avoid building defensiveness and fear.
- Methods of questioning that help people make decisions for themselves.
- Identifying how our own feelings can affect conversations.
- Directing people to the right places for advice and support.
- Creating an action plan for talking about cancer.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in talking about cancer and can help with conversations about health with family, friends and colleagues. It focuses on facts and myths about cancer, and how to talk to people about prevention. It may be of special interest to anyone working or volunteering in health or in their community.
The course does not require any previous experience of this subject.
Who will you learn with?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £59.00
Statement of Participation £39.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLTalkingCancer to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course