Discover ideas about how to optimise prescribing in Primary Care
Antimicrobial resistance is a growing problem and everyone can play a part in tackling this issue.
This course will look at many aspects of antibiotic prescribing in Primary Care from prescribing for urinary tract infections through to managing patient expectations.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of how to apply practical antimicrobial stewardship strategies in your practice.
The course covers:
- Introduction to Antimicrobial Resistance in Primary Care
- Prescribing in Urinary Tract Infections
- Assessing the Need for Antibiotics
- Managing Patient Expectations and Back up/Delayed Prescribing
- Antibiotics for Children
- Common Practice Approach
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore data sources to understand your practice antibiotic usage and tips for conducting an audit
- Improve prescribing practice for patients with suspected Urinary Tract Infections
- Discuss ways to manage patient expectations with regard to antibiotic prescriptions
- Identify ways in which back up prescribing can assist your practice
- Evaluate approaches to the prescribing of antibiotics for children
- Demonstrate the value of a whole team approach to antimicrobial stewardship
- Assess the importance of antimicrobial stewardship
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at primary care healthcare professionals who are involved in the treatment of common infections.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #BSACTARGET to talk about this course on social media.