- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Teaching for Home Learning: Primary Science
Keep your primary school students inspired by science whilst learning at home
Primary school science teaching often involves sparking students’ imagination through practical activities.
As schools close due to the coronavirus pandemic, primary science teachers must learn innovative new ways of teaching young students science using online and offline learning.
On this course, you’ll consider the new learning environment of your pupils, the role of parents in your teaching, and discover new science activities your pupils can do from home.
You’ll explore a variety of asynchronous teaching and learning tools, and have the chance to collaborate and discuss these new challenges with other teachers.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Design a blended approach to teaching primary science, with offline and online activities to support pupils learning from home.
- Develop your plans to work with parents to support pupils learning at home.
- Evaluate a range of teaching strategies and tools, appropriate to your teaching context and teaching remotely.
- Identify primary science activities that can be undertaken at home.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for primary teachers of pupils aged 5-11 years, who are supporting parents and pupils with learning from home due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Science and STEM subject leaders and heads of primary schools may also find this course useful for devising their approach to home teaching.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLSTEMHomeTeaching to talk about this course on social media.