Learn how to support students who have experienced complex trauma
Complex trauma affects the physical, emotional and social development of children and adolescents.
In order to minimise harm, teachers and school leaders need to respond appropriately using trauma-informed practices and policies.
In this course, you’ll get an introduction to what complex trauma is and how it affects young people’s development at school.
You’ll understand the neuroscience behind the behaviours presented by students who have experienced complex trauma.
You’ll learn how to apply trauma-informed strategies and policies that will minimise the risk to students and school staff.
What topics will you cover?
- Attachment and trauma theories
- The neuroscience behind the behaviours presented by students who have experienced complex trauma
- The impact on those who support students who have experienced complex trauma
- Strategies for minimising the risk to students in classrooms and schools
- The importance of applying trauma-informed practice and programs in schools
Upgrade - $59
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLteachtrauma to talk about this course on social media.