Weekly study8 hours
The Entrepreneurial Process
Build your entrepreneurial venture
This short course will explore the process of entrepreneurship and discuss the transition from idea to new venture creation.
It will identify the drivers of success and the main causes of failure for a new venture or start-up.
- Explore different idea-generational techniques in order to evaluate the feasibility of your ideas, and translate them into an opportunity
- Look at different types of new ventures in order to operationalise the business opportunity
- Understand and identify different reasons why businesses fail or succeed, to help minimise the risk of failure
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the feasibility of an idea using a range of concept-generating techniques
- Justify that an opportunity exists and is ready to be exploited
- Identify critical success factors for a new venture or start-up
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in developing their understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.