- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
The Future of Cyber Security and Emerging Technologies
What does the future hold for cyber security and are we ready for it?
On this course, you’ll explore the future of cyber security and how organisations should respond to cyber incidents. You’ll have the chance to examine emerging technologies and the security-related challenges they pose.
You’ll discuss the sophistication of growing threats to organisations that conduct their business online and whether or not a bulletproof solution for these threats is possible.
Understand threat management and critical infrastructure protection
You’ll consider what responsibilities corporate and public-sector boards have for oversight of cyber and information security.
You’ll then explore critical infrastructure protection and how it relates to the preparedness and response to serious incidents that involve the infrastructure of a region or nation.
You’ll also unpack the role of the board, the importance of cross-organisational commitment, and how the digital-dependent business world amplifies the impact of cyber attacks.
Discover emerging technologies and the Gartner Hype Cycle
Explore the impact of new technologies on cyber security and analyse the Gartner Hype Cycle, which details five different emerging technology movements that blur the lines between humans and machines.
You’ll consider key reasons why new technology systems can be more vulnerable to cyber attacks due to vulnerabilities in their hardware and software components, and the result of human error.
Finally, you’ll discuss the future of threat management, the influence this will have on corporate security and whether workplaces and employees will be able to keep up.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess how the nature of cyber threats evolves
- Discuss if yesterday’s prevention strategies are adequate for preventing advanced, targeted attacks
- Discuss the key areas shaping the future of cyber security
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is keen to increase their knowledge of digital security risks and the tools and techniques used to guard against them.
Explore how to protect against cyber attacks using the key principles of digital security.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends