- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Risk Management and Security Vulnerabilities
Discover the practices behind identifying and combating security vulnerabilities
This course aims to provide an understanding of risk and risk assessment strategies, empowering you to better protect digital environments in a professional setting.
You’ll learn to identify and assess risk levels, integrating IT risk management techniques to mitigate threats to your organisation and its decision-making processes.
By the end of the course you’ll have critical insight into organisational culture and its influence on risk management. You’ll understand leadership styles and how managing risk results in enhancing cyber-aware cultures.
Understand risk assessment
You’ll explore digital security risks to understand what a risk is and discuss identifying and assessing risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
The course then delves into the risk management model, which illustrates the processes involved in managing risk.
You’ll consider the various categories of threats, including environmental, human errors, technical failures, and deliberate acts.
You’ll look at ‘risk appetite’ and how organisations weigh up the acceptable level of risk permitted in the pursuit of its objectives.
Identify digital security risks
You’ll examine different types of risk, for example emerging risks, often described as ‘high impact, low likelihood’ and delve into the key challenges in managing these, such as the complexity of the cyberspace, a lack of historical data, and the international nature of cyber crime.
Finally, you’ll explore how to cultivate a rigorous digital security culture where information protection considerations are an integral part of an employee’s job, habits, and conduct, and how to integrate them in their day-to-day actions.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain risk assessment strategies, including identifying and assessing level of risk
- Apply IT risk management and techniques to mitigate threats to an organisation and its decision-making processes
- Demonstrate an understanding and critical insight into organisational culture and its influence on risk management
- Identify leadership styles that enhance cyber-aware cultures
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is keen to increase their knowledge of digital security risks and the tools and techniques used to guard against them.
Explore how to protect against cyber attacks using the key principles of digital security.