Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Cryptography and Digital Certificates
How does cryptography secure our communication?
Explore the core principles of encryption and cryptography and how they can be applied to enhance cyber security models in real-life settings.
You’ll investigate different encryption methods, digital signatures and certificates, and relevant cyber security laws.
Understand hash functions and encryption methods
Discover how hash functions are used to compress a bulk of message length to a short random-looking, ﬁxed-length message digest.
You’ll also study the two key types of encryption, symmetric encryption, and asymmetric encryption. The course also unpacks the use of digital signatures and certificates as well as other techniques and protocols used for securing communications over a network.
You’ll evaluate different types of attacks on cryptosystems and how to defend against them.
Build your understanding of cyber law
You’ll consider the different types of cybercrime faced by organisations, including cyber-dependent crimes such as hacking and disruption of computer functionality.
You’ll also examine the legal response to cyber crime, including applicable cyber laws and data privacy requirements in the EU.
The course concludes with a look at cloud security issues, studying the emergence of bring your own device policies (BYOD), the emerging trend of employees using their personal devices, and the associated risks.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess simple cryptographic methods from a practical and theoretical viewpoint
- Discuss certificate authorities, trusted platform modules and concepts such as chain of trust
- Demonstrate the use of public key infrastructure and problems encountered
- Assess and evaluate various cyber law theories
- Evaluate a sound knowledge of the various legal implications of data and access
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is keen to increase their knowledge of digital security risks and the tools and techniques used to guard against them.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends