- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- Premium course$94
The Human Face of User Research: How to do User Research Online and Offline
Learn about the importance of user research within a business environment
Knowing your user is paramount to successfully delivering products and services. It should flow through a project and be front and centre of every step of your business.
This three-week, practical course will take you through an entire user research project journey, from the start to the finish, looking at the key stages, tools and actions required to do the job.
Discover the importance of user research within a business
Under the guidance of an instructor and people working within the user research fields, you’ll explore the concept of user research, discovering what, why and when it should be used. You’ll also identify and experiment with briefs, identifying stakeholders and framing the context at the start of a project.
You’ll then get to grips with planning a user research project, assessing participants, triangulation and research methods, assumptions, constraints, reflections and deliverables.
Demonstrate how to carry out user research methods
You’ll then assess bias and discover how to carry out user research methods. You’ll review your materials, explore online and offline techniques, evaluate the best tools in which to analyse your findings and develop the skills in working out how to tackle complications.
You’ll then interpret data you’ve collated, looking at themes, insights, affinities and clusters, and will produce your final report of your user research plan.
Learn from user research experts at This is Milk
You’ll be under the guidance of the team at This is Milk, an award-winning business transformation consultancy created in response to the need for agile expert support and training.
Their bespoke services and expertise help to predict, understand and implement the changes required to successfully compete an ever-changing digital environment.
This course covers the following subjects:
- What is user research and when should it be used?
- A follow-along guide to completing a user research project
- Listen to professionals doing the job right now, and learn from their experiences
- Understand the importance of the ‘user’ in your entire project/business/organisation
- Reflect and self-evaluate your understanding, skills and experiences in user research and use this to improve
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore User Research, discovering what, why and when it should be used
- Identify and experiment with briefs, identifying stakeholders and framing the context at the start of a project
- Demonstrate how to plan a User Research project by assessing participants, triangulation, research methods, assumptions, constraints, reflections and deliverables
- Produce a plan
- Assess Bias and demonstrate how to carry out User Research
- Review your materials, explore online/offline techniques, evaluate the best tools, develop skills in how to tackle complications and data management
- Interpret data with Synthesis & Analysis, looking at themes, insights, affinities and clusters
- Produce your final report and convey findings back to stakeholders, embed findings into wider project and evaluate next steps/self-evaluation
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone working on projects that has a user somewhere in the journey.
It will be particularly beneficial for those working in business analysis, digital strategy, service design, data and change management, product or project management and ux design.
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: