- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
The Impacts of Tourism
Learn how alternate forms of tourism contribute to sustainability in the sector
On this course, you’ll look at tourism’s global impact in relation to the world’s environmental, economic and cultural issues.
You’ll be given the chance to evaluate the complex political, social, and environmental contexts in which tourism operates as you explore the policies and management strategies that exist to control the impact of tourism.
You’ll discover corporate social responsibility and environmental impact assessments and auditing.
You’ll also have the chance to discover carrying capacity and how to evaluate the effectiveness of different forms of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- Social, environmental, economic and cultural impacts of tourism
- Ways of measuring impacts
- Alternative forms of tourism
- Analysis of the extent of which of these forms effectively address tourism impacts
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the social, environmental, economic and cultural impacts of tourism
- Understand the policies and management strategies aimed at meeting sustainability objectives in relation to controlling tourism impacts
- Critically appraise the extent to which alternative forms of tourism contribute to promoting sustainable tourism development
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students who have a background in social sciences, arts and humanities, business studies, tourism and hospitality, and those with a background in sustainable development.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: