- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
The Internet of Things: The Rise of Connected Devices
Discover how the internet is changing the nature of everyday things
What is the Internet of Things (IoT)? Simply put, it’s the concept that everyday objects can connect to each other and transfer data using the internet. It’s said that by 2025, the internet will connect over 75 billion IoT devices.
On this course, you will be introduced to the fundamentals of IoT and the rise of industrial and home automation. You will focus on the possible security risks and legal implications of IoT applications.
You will examine the use of IoT devices, the models and methods of their function, and the legal and ethical aspects of their use.
- IoT models
- Legal issues related to IoT and Industry 4.0
- Security policies in modern connected ecosystems
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare the technologies, markets and behaviours associated with home and industrial automation
- Evaluate the legal implications of IoT technologies in the home, in business and as part of national infrastructure
- Produce appropriate security policies for IoT, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) or Industry 4.0 environments
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone that works in or is interested in the home and workplace environments that are impacted by IoT. It would also suit people looking to develop smart, connected devices.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: