Skip to 0 minutes and 7 secondsNARRATOR: Come and join us on Infinite Canvas and explore the history, the theory, and the practise of digital comics. Bring your ideas to life and reach audiences from all over the world. Join us and start your digital comics adventure.
Making and Understanding Web Comics
Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Develop your visual design skills and create an original web comic in any style
Web comics have the power to digitally reach audiences all over the world. On this course, you will learn how to communicate meaning to others and create a web comic of your own, in your choice of genre like humour or superhero.
You will build your knowledge of the theory of comics and the basics of digital comic creation. You will receive guidance on how to use software to create comics online and engage with videos, case studies, and content from renowned comic creators. Learn with the University of Dundee, who has a rich history and reputation as a centre for comic production.
What topics will you cover?
- Planning and creation of digital comics.
- History and theory of comics.
- Guidelines on the use of relevant software.
- Interactive storytelling.
- Case studies on communicating through comics.
- Participants can create comics in any genre (such as the superhero, humour, autobiography and others), and the course coordinators will provide examples of titles in these genres.
- Drawing on expertise based at the University of Dundee, case studies will include adaptations of literature to comics, healthcare and graphic medicine, science communication, and graphic justice.
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in the history and creation of web comics, including visual artists and comic readers. It’s also relevant to researchers working in literature or the arts and people looking to build their digital software skills.
Who will you learn with?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLwebcomics to talk about this course on social media.