Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Financial Statements Unlocked: How to Understand Corporate Finance and Financial Management
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Every company maintains financial records that help you to understand how well it’s doing. How can you make sense of this information and use it to the strategic advantage of your business?
On this course, you’ll have the chance to find out everything you need to know about reading and making sense of financial statements.
You’ll have the opportunity to explore a range of financial statements – focusing on income statements, statements of financial position and cash flow statements. You’ll look at their qualitative characteristics and learn about the relevance and reliability of financial statements.
You’ll also get to know who else in the business uses this accounting information by investigating the different branches of accounting.
Learn how to prepare cash flow statements
This course will introduce you to the importance of the cash flow statement – one of the three key financial statements that report the cash generated and spent during a specific period of time.
You’ll look at how these statements break down into three sections: operating, investment and financing activities.
Discover the statement of financial position
A statement of financial position, or balance sheet, will reveal if a company is thriving – and if it’s worth investing in.
You’ll get to grips with the key terms of a balance sheet, learn the importance of balancing the books and carry out exercises to increase your knowledge of, and familiarity with, these statements.
- Introduction to accounting and its branches
- Identifying different users of accounting information and their requirements
- Overview of financial statements
- Introduction to income statement
- Introduction to statement of financial position
- Introduction to cash flow statement
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Investigate the different branches of accounting
- Explain the purpose of financial statements (income statement, statement of financial position and cash flow statement)
- Interpret financial statements for decision-making purposes
- Identify the main users of accounting information and their requirements
- Explore items typically included in each of the financial statements and their meaning
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone looking to build their financial data analysis and interested in using data for business decision making.
It will be of particular interest to people in senior management and leadership roles who lack an accounting background, especially if you wish to learn the skills to help you make better decisions and advance your career.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends