- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study1 hour
- Premium course$39
Understanding Gender Identity: Trans People in the Workplace
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Find out how to be more inclusive of trans people at work
Throughout history, life has not been easy for transgender people. And, although things may have improved, trans people still face discrimination and many challenges today.
This course is a great starting point for any individual or organisation looking to increase their awareness of trans identity. Ultimately, you’ll learn how to make your organisation more trans-inclusive. You’ll do this by understanding the legal rights and responsibilities around trans identity, and by better understanding trans people.
The core contexts of gender identity and trans awareness.
An exploration of key terms and use of language.
A basic understanding of legislation around rights and responsibilities surrounding trans identities.
An introduction into how organisations can become trans-inclusive.
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the core contexts of gender identity and trans awareness.
- Explain the key terms and use of language in a trans-positive environment.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the legislation around rights and responsibilities surrounding trans identities.
- Discuss how organisations can become trans-inclusive through good practices.
Who is the course for?
This course would suit any individual or organisation looking to increase their awareness of trans-identity, and to become more trans-inclusive.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020