Weekly study2 hours
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Django is a Python web framework that encourages fast development and a clean, pragmatic design.
You’ll also get insight into the jQuery library; widely used for in-browser manipulation of the Document Object Model (DOM) and event handling, as well as debugging capabilities.
As the number one ranking public research university within the entirety of the United States, the University of Michigan has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years.
What topics will you cover?
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain and give examples of many-to-many relationships in data modeling
- Explain basic elements of low-level jQuery
Who is the course for?
This programming course is designed for learners who are wanting to get into web development and who have some basic Python programming experience.
This series of courses is also excellent preparation for learning other ways to build web applications using technologies like PHP (Web Applications for Everybody), Flask or Ruby on Rails, and therefore could be suitable to anyone wishing to work within these fields.
Who will you learn with?
Charles is a Clinical Professor and teaches in the School of Information at the University of Michigan. He is the Chair of the Sakai Project Management Committee (PMC).
Who developed the course?
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn