Explore how we value the natural world
There are many services that ecosystems provide that we never even consider, until we destroy them. Natural ecosystems help alleviate flooding, improve food security and protect our coastlines. Yet we consistently replace these ecosystems with manmade alternatives. If we put a price on nature, will it help us to protect these important ecosystems? And is it morally right to put a price on nature? Get answers with this course that uses an interdisciplinary approach to explore the ins and outs of how we value nature.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the concept of 'valuing nature’
- Compare different types of services that ecosystems provide
- Assess the moral and political dilemmas associated with valuing ecosystems
- Apply your understanding of ecosystem services to peatlands, coral reefs and rainforests
- Identify key ecosystem services in your place
- Investigate the best ways to manage and preserve ecosystems and their services
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in nature and the environment, you don’t need any past experience.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLValuingNature to talk about this course on social media.