Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
What is Health Research?
Learn about health research and explore opportunities to get involved.
Have you ever wondered how doctors and nurses know what treatment or care to give?
It’s only through health research that healthcare professionals find new and better ways of preventing, diagnosing and treating disease. Today’s research is tomorrow’s treatment.
On this course, you will learn how health research happens, why it matters and what to expect if you take part. You will also hear stories from people who have taken part in research; why they volunteered and the difference it made.
Our Lead Educator and Mentors will be on hand from __ January 10 to January 30__ to support discussions and to answer your questions. If you join the course after January 30, moderators will still be checking the comments regularly to respond to your queries.
What is the value of Health Research?
- What is research?
- Different types of research
- Why do people get involved in health research?
How can you make an informed decision about taking part?
- What can you expect?
- How are people kept safe and informed during health research?
Being part of research
- Why health research is exciting
- How can you contribute?
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on patient case studies to describe what is involved in health research
- Apply learning to make informed decisions on how and why you could participate in health research
- Identify the questions to ask before taking part in health research
- Identify who to contact to get more information about health research
Who is the course for?
If you’re interested in taking part in health research or discovering how to get involved in supporting health research, this course will help to answer your questions before you make the decision.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.