Weekly study10 hours
What Roles do Entrepreneurs Play in Society?
The role of the entrepreneur and the significance of entrepreneurship in society is very context specific. After all, people exist in specific times and places, and how they think and act can be influenced by certain social, linguistic, and material factors. We must also remember that not all societies approach entrepreneurship in the same way, nor are they at the same stage of their entrepreneurial development and so we must consider this when attempting to determine their role in and influence on wider society.
• The role and function of the entrepreneur in society
• How ‘value’ is created through entrepreneurship
• Intrapreneurship versus entrepreneurship
• Productive and unproductive entrepreneurship
• Opportunity and necessity-based entrepreneurship
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise the role of the entrepreneur in society
- Assess the ways in which society and social structures can impact on the role of the entrepreneur
- Compare forms of entrepreneurial action and consider their impact in a range of contexts
- Reflect upon the role of the entrepreneur and entrepreneurship in your own social contexts
Who is the course for?
For students undertaking the graduate/postgraduate certificate, jointly delivered by Coventry University and Deakin University.