Weekly study2 hours
Your Essential Guide to University Life
Get ready for university life and make the most of your time as a student
What do you think university life is like?
You probably have many questions about what to expect. This course will help you prepare for the best possible start, wherever you go.
You’ll hear practical advice on how to navigate university life from current students and staff as they give you an insight into the expectations vs reality, the support available and common questions about what’s ahead.
Develop an action plan as you progress through the course and take it with you as a resource to guide you through those first few weeks and help make the most of the opportunities university has to offer.
Learning on this course
If you'd like to take part while our educators are leading the course, they'll be joining the discussions, in the comments, between these dates:
- 26 Sep 2022 - 16 Oct 2022
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare the different expectations of students in further and higher education
- Explore ways of managing personal finances when it comes to researching accommodation, food and working with budgets
- Contribute to online discussions about shared experiences to help deepen understanding and further knowledge
- Develop confidence in the type of support and resources available to students at their chosen university
- Identify opportunities to develop skills during your time at university
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone considering or soon to be enrolling at university.
Parents and supporters may also find this course useful to gain a better understanding of what living at university entails, and the sources of support that are available to students throughout their undergraduate career.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.