MSc Engineering Management
Gain career-ready skills in engineering management with this flexible online MSc degree from Brunel University London. Learn how to lead, manage, and market an engineering company to unlock senior positions in the industry.
DegreeMSc Engineering Management
TypeMasters of Sciences
Duration1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
Price per program£10,100 GBP
Join an international community of engineering professionals
Do you want to take your engineering career to the next level? Are you worried about taking time out from work to study?
This innovative online master’s degree from Brunel University London is specifically designed to fit around your professional commitments. You’ll set your own schedule, use cutting-edge e-learning technology, and gain access to a global network of engineering researchers and professionals.
Develop practical skills and strategies to boost your engineering career
You’ll start the degree with a deep dive into management theories and the core concerns of engineering management. After that, you’ll develop the practical skills you need to steer a successful engineering business.
Guided by world-leading academics and industry experts at Brunel University London, you’ll gain the skills and strategies you need to take the next step in your career.
Masters of Sciences
- 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Start dates
- 8 May 2023 (apply by 8 May 2023)
- Fully online
What do I need to apply?
A 2:2 (or above) UK honours degree or equivalent internationally-recognised qualification in an engineering, science, or technology subject.
Non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of one of the following:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 59 (59 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 63% (minimum 58% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 90 (minimum 20 in all parts)
How much will it cost?
What are the learning outcomes?
Advance your engineering career with an online MSc taught by world-leading academics and industry experts at Brunel University London. This distance learning programme will give you the credentials you need to take your engineering career to the next level. Course content is delivered through 8 modules covering a range of key management topics in the specific context of the engineering industry.
By the end of this programme, you will have gained:
- An appreciation of what managing engineering businesses involves and an awareness of external factors affecting them
- An explanation of how current management theories and practices are relevant to achieving a corporate competitive advantage in engineering
- A wider understanding of the structures of engineering organisations and the role, relationships, and behaviour of individuals and groups engaged in engineering activities
- An understanding of how finances and assets are managed in engineering businesses
- An awareness of the concepts and principles of marketing and customer care
- A clear understanding of the impact of quality in engineering organisations
- The ability to develop a corporate strategy for successfully achieving change in engineering by applying current concepts, theories, and research
What you’ll get as a degree student with FutureLearn
- Learn when you want by watching videos, reading articles, doing tests, and completing assignments online
- Join online discussions and collaborate with your peers in a virtual study group
- Enjoy discussions with feedback from expert educators
- Get full access to the university library, online resources and support
Want to know more?
Brunel has earned an excellent reputation through its rigorous academic standards as well as taking a practical, entrepreneurial, and imaginative approach across disciplines.