Take your first steps as a psychologist with a BPS accredited MSc degree from Brunel University London. This entirely online conversion course in psychological theory, practice, and research methods will help you launch your career in psychology.
TypeMasters of Sciences
Duration1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
Price per program£11,120 GBP
Get the accreditation you need to progress in your psychology career
Are you hoping to move into a career in psychology? Do you want a more flexible route to getting the necessary accreditation?
This innovative online master’s degree from Brunel University London is specifically designed to fit around your professional commitments. You’ll be able to set your own schedule and make use of cutting-edge e-learning technology, all while gaining the formal accreditation you need to take your first steps as a psychologist.
Join an international network studying and researching psychology
Connecting with other people is a vital part of psychology. You’ll join an international community of students and academics, helping you build a strong academic and professional network.
Guided by world-leading experts at Brunel University London, you’ll gain a comprehensive overview of contemporary and historical approaches to psychology and psychological research.
Masters of Sciences
- 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Start dates
- 8 May 2023 (apply by 8 May 2023)
- Fully online
What do I need to apply?
Lower second class (2:2) (or above) UK honours undergraduate degree in any subject, or international equivalent. A minimum grade of C in GCSE-level mathematics, or equivalent qualification.
Non-native speakers of English need one of the following:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 59 (59 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 63% (minimum 58% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 90 (minimum 20 in all parts)
How much will it cost?
What are the learning outcomes?
Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the psychological sciences, and earn the accreditation you need to launch your career in psychology.
Across the eight modules of the degree, you will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the scope of psychology, and gain knowledge of historical and contemporary perspectives in the discipline
- Appreciate the range of historical and contemporary perspectives in psychology
- Achieve proficiency in the analytical skills required to design research and interpret results
- Understand how to critically evaluate the results of empirical research in psychology
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, analyse, and interpret theory-derived, testable hypotheses and research questions
What you’ll get as a degree student with FutureLearn
- Learn when you want by watching videos, reading articles, doing tests, and completing assignments online
- Join online discussions and collaborate with your peers in a virtual study group
- Enjoy discussions with feedback from expert educators
- Get full access to the university library, online resources and support
Want to know more?
Brunel has earned an excellent reputation through its rigorous academic standards as well as taking a practical, entrepreneurial, and imaginative approach across disciplines.