The general requirements are in line with University Policy.
Participants on the PgC LaTHE are normally required to have substantial ‘teaching’ responsibility in Higher Education that is current and ongoing at an HE level institution in the UK. This course is an online work-based course and designed for part-time attendance. It is encouraged that you will have access to a workplace mentor/critical friend, and you will be expected to develop a network of support as you work through the course.
Applicants need to hold a first degree, or equivalent, and be able to satisfy the Course Director (or nominee) that they are capable of undertaking postgraduate study of this nature through their academic/teaching job role.
Selection will be by consideration of a completed application form presented by the applicant. Applicants will be required to provide a reference from their employer, confirming their teaching status and suitability for the programme of study proposed. In addition, confirming that local support will be provided, including a commitment to support for undertaking teaching observations of the participant. Please note that due to COVID restrictions your employer may have certain policies in place, and virtual methods of working and you should correspond with them for any guidance on this.
Normally, the Course Director (or nominee) reviews the applications for all applicants and the Programmes Co-ordinator informs the applicants of the outcome in writing such as via email or post
If participants’ roles change and the new roles no longer enable the Course Learning Outcomes to be addressed and the assessment requirements to be met, they are advised to contact their line manager (who supported the application) and the Course Director to identity the best route forward.
How much will it cost?
This course has a UK/EU fee and an international fee. The Admissions Team will carry out a fee assessment where appropriate, to determine which fee is applicable.
UK/EU students – £4,600
The tuition fee for the course that is stated on the course webpage and in the prospectus will apply for the first year of study. . We will review our tuition fees each year. For UK and EU students, if Parliament permit an increase in tuition fees, we may increase fees for each subsequent year of study in line with any such changes. Note that any increase is expected to be in line with inflation.
Following the UK’s exit from the European Union, EU students should be aware that there may be a change to UK laws following the UK’s exit, this may change their student status, their eligibility to study part time, and/or their eligibility for student finance. We will act in accordance with the UK’s laws in force in relation to student tuition fees and finance from time to time.
International students – £4,600
The tuition fee that is stated on the course webpage and in the prospectus for the first year of study will apply. We will review our tuition fees each year. For international students, we may increase fees for each subsequent year of study but such increases will be no more than 5% above inflation.
On successful completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Design, plan and deliver holistic learner-centred learning experiences for diverse student groups within a global higher education context
- Create engaging learning environments, employing appropriate digital tools and resources that support students’ learning and development
- Design and implement effective assessment and feedback practices to support students’ learning
- Critically analyse how your academic practice is informed by local and international practices and policies, as well as contemporary drivers in higher education
- Critically examine how higher education quality assurance and enhancement processes influence your practice
- Reflect on and evaluate your effectiveness as an academic practitioner by engaging in a community of practice and drawing on evidence from your practice, informed by disciplinary and pedagogic research in higher education
|Assessment and Feedback in Higher Education|
|Curriculum Design in Higher Education|
|Teaching Practice in Higher Education|