PgC Global Development Management
Build the skills needed by a development manager and learn to analyse the complex contexts in which development takes place with this postgraduate certificate.
Degree titlePostgraduate Certificate in Global Development Management
Gain a framework for analysing development management practice
What are the challenges of development? How do we overcome them? This postgraduate qualification addresses the complexities of development and will help you build the skills needed to manage these challenges.
This degree builds on the global agenda for sustainable development and assumes that development management is a political and ethical process. It addresses how to achieve goals in contexts affected by conflicts of interests, values, and agendas.
You’ll learn skills related to strategic thinking, research, advocacy, and policymaking that are necessary for a career as a development manage
- 40 weeks
- 4 programs
What do I need to apply?
You must be prepared for study at postgraduate level. This usually means holding a bachelors degree or its equivalent or have had experience of working, in a paid or voluntary capacity in a development agency (international or local).
All teaching is in English, and your proficiency in the language needs to be adequate for postgraduate study and for contributing to online discussions by text and voice. If English is not your first language, we strongly recommend that you make sure you can achieve an IELTS score of at least 7.
UK course fee: £2,950 (higher fees apply for students living outside the UK). The fee information provided here is valid for modules starting before 31 July 2022.
What are the learning outcomes?
By the end of your studies, you have studied the:
- different conceptualisations of development and its management in theory and practice
- key concepts and theories that reveal development management as a process that is personal, political and professional
- tools, methods and frameworks for investigation and analysis aimed at informing development policy and practice.
What you’ll get as a degree student with FutureLearn
- Learn when you want by watching videos, reading articles, doing tests, and completing assignments online
- Join online discussions and collaborate with your peers in a virtual study group
- Enjoy discussions with feedback from expert educators
- Get full access to the university library, online resources and support
Want to know more?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.