By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Apply fundamental data analytics techniques, using spreadsheet and database tools, to prepare, interpret and communicate insights about datasets
- Evidence the capability to prepare data in order to synthesize complex ideas to support an organisation's ability to abstract meaning and make data-driven decisions
- Critically evaluate strategic priorities to support the implementation of dashboards and increase the level of data-driven decision making in an organisation
- Perform diagnostic analysis and create and interpret prescriptive models to influence future organisational requirements
- Recognise and address the ethical and social issues of applying data analytics techniques in specific organisational contexts
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to start conversations with your fellow learners and read any announcements or additional information relating to your microcredential.
From 12 Apr 2021
Data Analytics for Business Fundamentals
Refresh your statistics skills and learn to analyse structured, unstructured, and complex data sets using Excel and SQL databases.
12 hours per week
From 31 May 2021
Data Analytics for Business Application
Learn how to solve advanced business problems with data analysis, visualisation, and communication using Tableau.
13 hours per week
Once you have successfully completed the microcredential and passed the assessments, you’ll receive 15 UK credits at Postgraduate level from Coventry University and an electronic transcript.
15 UK academic credits at Postgraduate level from Coventry University
You’ll also receive an electronic transcript from Coventry University.
Learners who successfully complete this microcredential have the opportunity to apply for Advanced Entry into postgraduate courses with a 15-credit exemption of the following Coventry University degree programmes for the academic year 2021/2022:
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Digital Marketing with Data Analytics (Coventry University London)
- MSc Financial Technology (FinTech) (Coventry University London)
- MSc Global Finance (Coventry University London)
- MSc Global Financial Trading (Coventry University London)
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.