Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Introduction to Psychology: Sensation and Perception
This online course explored how human sensory systems work together to help people to perceive and respond to the world around them. The course considered differences between perception and sensation and how they work together with attention to determine what people perceive in their environment.
2 weeks, 6 hours per week
Associate Professor and Director of Education for the School of Psychological Sciences
- Explain the structure and function of the sensory systems of vision, audition, touch, taste, and smell.
- Assess the extent to which the processes of transduction and coding are common to all senses or specific to each different sense.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of the main types of psychophysical methods.
- Interpret some of the ways perceptual elements, including edges and contours, are perceptually grouped (Gestalt principles).
- Evaluate the mechanisms of perceptual constancies.
- Sensation versus perception
- Waves and wavelengths
- Vision, hearing and other senses
- Illusions and psychology
- Principles of perception
Issued on 3rd July 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: