Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This introductory course explored the application of games in socio-political domains. It sought to foster socio-political discussions and debates through the medium of games. It introduced the main concepts that underpin the design of games. It also challenged learner's opinions and supported them to become more active, thoughtful and critical players, as opposed to passive consumers of games.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Hadi Mehrpouya
- Demonstrate the application of skills to classify, analyse and deconstruct games
- Explore and reflect on the wider social, political and cultural aspects of games
- Explore the potential of games as powerful media to foster discussion and debate
- Collaborate with peers to develop constructive feedback on games
- Develop documents that transform ideas into game design concepts
Over the three weeks of this course, you’ll explore the application of board games in socio-political discussions and debates as you:
- Learn the processes and techniques of game design
- Play, analyse, and deconstruct examples of serious games developed to benefit society
- Develop your own game design concepts
Issued on 3rd May 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: