Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and The Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage
In the course Preserving the Norwegian Stave Churches, you have learnt about the Norwegian Stave Churches, what characterizes the remaining Stave Churches and the challenges faced in preserving them; the importance of selecting the right material, the use of traditional tools and the important role of the craftsmen in the process.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
The Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage
- Identify the characteristics of a Stave Church
- Explain the remaining groups of Stave Churches in Norway
- Reflect upon the challenges in preserving the Norwegian Stave Churches
- Explore a national cultural heritage initiative exemplified by the Norwegian Stave Church Restoration Programme
- The definition of a Stave Church
- Different types of Stave Churches
- Challenges in preserving Stave Churches
- Examples of restoring Stave Churches
Issued on 12th October 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: