Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The University of Melbourne and The Nossal Institute for Global Health
This courser analyses how differing capacities of health systems, governments and communities have shaped responses to and impacts of COVID-19.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Director, Nossal Institute for Global Health
Nossal Institute of Global Health
- Assess the widely varied responses to and impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic in diverse country contexts, and analyse the significance of different health systems and political, economic and environmental factors in determining these differences.
- Compare and contrast different country and community readiness for and resilience to COVID-19.
- Evaluate how complex and intersecting inequalities have both shaped, and are being shaped by COVID-19 and responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understand key opportunities and strategies for the future in relation to inter-sectoral pandemic preparedness, and designing responses with a focus on health systems strengthening, equity and inclusion.
- Impacts of both COVID-19 and varying country responses to COVID-19
- Readiness for and responses to COVID-19
- Resilience demonstrated in responses to the pandemic and the inequities driving uneven pandemic outcomes
- Intersectionality of vulnerable systems and population-level inequities in relation to COVID-19 and responses to COVID-19
- Pandemic prevention, preparedness, and health system strengthening for the future
- The intersection of multiple systems in shaping the impacts and responses to COVID-19
Issued on 11th October 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: