Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the fundamentals of design thinking, focusing on our need as human beings to socialise and connect, and how technology can be used to solve problems like social isolation, in a variety of settings. The course covered topics such as ideation, empathy, vulnerable communities and underrepresentation. Discussions included: how to adopt a critical thinking approach, social prescribing and our role as ancestors.
The content of the following course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Jessie Soohyun Park
Head of CSR
Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd
- Reflect on how social isolation relates to you today
- Compare and discuss the state of social isolation in the UK today
- Identify and interpret opportunities and challenges when designing a future where no one feels socially isolated
- Explore the opportunities that technology can bring when designing a future where no one feels socially isolated
- Understand the fundamentals of design thinking
- Develop an understanding of the importance of empathy when design thinking
- Develop a playful attitude to ideation in response to the proposition: Designing a Future where No One Feels Socially Isolated
- An introduction to the course from Samsung, plus Samsung UK’s POV on Social Isolation in the UK.
- An in-depth critique on what’s happening in Social Isolation in the UK today.
- Example of built solutions and their impact on Social Isolation in the UK.
- An introduction to Design Thinking.
- Imagining what might be possible for society if technology is imbued within Social Isolation.
- Using Empathetic Design Thinking to bring ideas to life.
In association with
Issued on 19th November 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: