Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course explored the humanist approach to life through an examination of humanist perspectives on questions around identity, knowledge, and ethics.
6 weeks, 3 hours per week
Head of Education
- Investigate and explore humanist beliefs, values, and goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the humanist worldview
- Apply what one has learned in discussion with others
- Evaluate the humanist approach to life
- Reflect upon one's own approach and answers to life's big questions
- The humanist understanding of human beings: our nature, capacities, and responsibilities
- How humanists answer questions about the world (science, reason, scepticism) and the consequences for a humanist understanding of reality
- A humanist approach to making life meaningful and the value of individual freedom
- The origins and evolution of morality and a humanist perspective on how to be good
- The humanist vision for society (secularism, freedoms, and human rights) and the motivations behind their goals
- Different definitions of humanism, its history, and its diversity
Issued on 30th October 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: