Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored some alternative, holistic and introspective ways to think about diversity in research and provided some suggestions for individuals and organisations to improve the accuracy of representation in their creative research. The course covered topics such as how to become accessible to a wider audience, how to think about diverse hiring practices, the benefits of more diverse employees, and how to mitigate the effects of implicit biases in research and hiring processes.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
- Assess your research for diversity of thought.
- Apply appropriate techniques to your research to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborate with other learners to devise more diverse research techniques.
- Explore real-world examples of research gone wrong.
- How nondiverse research affects the research and creative processes.
- The fallacy of ‘networking’ as a term of industry.
- How affirmative action affects long-term diversity in the workplace over many generations of staff turnover.
- Why empowering diversity in our development processes works better than attacking biases.
- How to develop research with diversity baked in.
- How to analyse your situation and find solutions to nondiverse research practices on an individual, team and organisational level.
Issued on 6th July 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: